Sunday, April 6, 2008

It has been far too long.  I must say.

I'm tired, so bare with me.

Last week was a doozey, in every sense of the word.  Work was nuts, school was nuts.  I was thankful for my weekend and to be honest, I only got half of what I wanted done.  Oh well, that is what tomorrow is for.  Yesterday, I worked about five hours.  I think working on Saturdays should be illegal while I am at my current job.  It just is not right...I guess when doctor-hood comes my way, I won't care.  :)  

Friday night was Girls Work Night Out.  It was a blast, I stayed out way too late, had fantastic sushi, great beer and fantastic company.  

Last night I had Ethiopian food.  My, was it good!  I had never had it before, I have been shy with the ethnic foods until recently.  Make note for later thoughts.  Anyway, back to topic at hand...cute little hole in the wall, past Downtown and fantastic company too boot.  I would recommend it to everyone, but since the general population lives an average of 500 miles away, if interested, we'll stop by and dine when you visit.

Today was study day.  And I have been distracted by company stopping by, the kids, shouts to help outside, etc.  But, I was successful in completing the task that takes up the most time, so maybe I didn't do half as bad as I think.  My list on my whiteboard grows this week.  

A very busy week ahead.  Many a quizzes, meet-ups with peeps, two rather large exams the following week.  Hope I have enough money on my Starbucks card to last me through it all.  Brace myself.

May I vent for a moment?  Since when do people get denied volunteer time?  I can't believe it.  It is like the hospital only takes ten volunteers.  Absolutely ridiculous.  So, I will not be volunteering at the local hospital, I may have to go to the one by school.  Will suit me better anyway, I know far too many people in this town... or maybe too many people in this town know who I am based off other ingrates in my family baring the same last name.  (Did I just say that?)  Or rather, I would care not to see the doctor who borne me out of my mother's ya-ya, who then saw my ya-ya, who then saw my cousin's ya--ya/wank, etc etc etc.  I think you get my point.  I would rather not walk down the ward and hear "Hey, yeah, I helped deliver you.  You were so cute, how old are you now?  Gosh that was a long time ago..."  Anonymity will prove to be pure bliss.  I am positive of that.

Scored some Dave tixs, which brings up my goals for the year.  Not New Year's Resolutions, it is April for goodness sake.

Here we go:

1)  Concerts, concerts, concerts (Still looking to score Death Cab...)
2)  Tasty ethnic food adventures
3)  Hike Yosemite (in process)
4)  Half marathon (see previous post)
5)  Get into Chem for the summer **really should be #1, but whatever...



Time to pass out.  You are lucky you had me tonight for this long.  Late.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are a nut. Who says "ya-ya"? Get some sleep. :)

MelindaW said...

Yay, I just found your blog! And you really cracked me up. :) Hope all is well!