H and I went to Borders last night. We had received a very hearty gift certificate from the Uncles. Mighty nice. Fortunately, they were having a 'Buy 1, Second 1/2 price" sale. I ended up scoring four books for the price of three, H got 2. I somehow snuck in a magazine I often purchase for my reading pleasure there. Inside the reader's column was the picture of a gal I used to play UW Rugby with...who would have thought? Small world? I think so.
What was great is that after digging through the bargain books, I found the "California Edition" of a photography book series titled America 24/7. About two years ago, H had bought me the full America 24/7 version, that highlights select pictures from all 50 states. I fell in love with the series immediately; it covered a variety of cultural traditions across the country, as well as the working world and spectacular points of interest within America. What is so fantastic about the series is that you can personalize the front cover with any picture you so desire. Submit the picture via America 24/7. Amazing, isn't it?
Moving back to the adventure...Shortly after H gifted me the largest of all editions, I had been digging with K at the Goodwill (our fave) and found the Washington 24/7 edition. Again, I fell in love. I was able to enjoy the Washington edition more due to my experiences within the state and having seen a lot of the images with my own eyes. From that point on, I decided I would attempt to collect a book from every state I have had the pleasure to visit and/or live. So, that brings me to last night's adventure. I found the book and knew instantly I should get it for H. Let me tell you, as soon as we got home, H was ripping through the pages, devouring California's beautiful images. She'll take it with her back to Seattle and I'll keep my eyes peeled for another California edition. Before you know it, I'll have the whole collection, without ever having to pay full price for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oooh, I <3 Barnes & Noble! Sounds like a good trip!
Post a Comment